School re-opens, full-time in person, on September 1st.
As the first day of school gets closer, guidance from DESE and the governor is still evolving, but here are a few things to note regarding Farr Academy safety procedures.
- All staff and students will be required to wear masks at all times when in the building.
- Masks will not be required during outdoor activities and mealtimes, but will still be in use in the vans.
- We will continue to have mask breaks at our regularly scheduled times.
- Students will change classes each period rather than remaining in one classroom for most of the day.
- All students will continue to have their temperatures checked and recorded upon entering the building.
- If a student displays signs of illness, parents/guardians will be contacted to pick them up. If they or the transportation company cannot arrive within a reasonable amount of time, a staff member will drive the student home.
- Your student should stay home if they are feeling unwell or have been exposed to COVID.
Vaccines are now approved for children ages 12 to 18. For more information about vaccine availability and procedures, visit: COVID-19 vaccinations for people under 18|Mass.gov
A COVID resource guide for parents and students is available: