School re-opens after the holiday break on January 3rd.
As the COVID virus and the resulting pandemic evolve, new guidance from DESE was released on December 30th. The following Farr Academy safety procedures are in effect:
- All staff and students will be required to wear masks at all times when in the building.
- Masks will not be required during outdoor activities and mealtimes, but will still be in use in the vans.
- We will continue to have mask breaks at our regularly scheduled times.
- Students will change classes each period rather than remaining in one classroom for most of the day.
- All students will continue to have their temperatures checked and recorded upon entering the building.
- If a student displays signs of illness, parents/guardians will be contacted to pick them up. If they or the transportation company cannot arrive within a reasonable amount of time, a staff member will drive the student home.
- If your student or another member of the household tests positive for COVID, an isolation period of 5 days is required, during which time the student may not return to school.
- After the 5 day isolation period, if symptoms are improving or the student remains asymptomatic, return to school is recommended.
Vaccines are now approved for children ages 5 and older. For more information about vaccine availability and procedures, visit:
COVID-19 Vaccine |Mass.gov
A COVID resource guide for parents and students is available: